TODDLER & ME
18 Months - 2 1/2 Years
Thursdays | 9:00 - 10:30am
Fall Session (Oct-Jan)
Spring Session (Feb-May)
With a parent or other caregiver. Children socialize with peers as they learn what school is all about. Includes open play time, crafts, circle and story time, music and more. Taught by the same teacher as the 2.5 year old program for an easy transition to our "big kid" classes.
In addition to engaging and creative play-based curriculum, our teachers foster social and emotional skills to last a lifetime!
- Walking field trips to the Library, Post Office and Police Department
- Abma’s Farm Hayride and Pumpkin Picking
- The Hermitage – Native Americans Program
- The Hermitage – Victorian Times Program
Outside Guests and Programs
- Fire Department – Fire safety program includes tour of fire truck.
- Dental Hygienist – Talks about healthy teeth and nutrition.
- Tenafly Nature Center – Wiggly Worms Program
- Insect Lore – Caterpillars to Butterflies Unit.
- Goffle Turkey Farm – Chick Hatching Unit.
- Multicultural Curriculum – 4 countries are focused on with guests brought in from the community to represent them. (Ex: Bagpipe performer for Ireland)
- Rainbow Family Day – Special Saturday mini-session for the children to invite two special people to come to their class and experience what a day is like for them at school.
- Food Drive – We work with Ridgewood Social Services to collect food for local families.
- Mitten Drive – Collect Mittens to be given to support 350 students, grades K-4, from the Roberto Clemente School in Paterson.
Bi-Weekly and Monthly Specials
- Yoga – Mrs. Fennell teaches a 20 minute yoga session for each class. (Every other week)
- Music / Movement – Mrs. Nuti teaches 20 minutes of music and movement. (Every other week)
- Special Story Time – Once a month, Ms. Jennifer from the Waldwick Public Library does a themed story time with songs, finger-plays and stories for each of the classes