5 Staff Development
6 Profile Conferences
10 First Full Day of Classes
19 School Closed- Yom Kippur
2 General Meeting/Back to School Night 7:30 PM
3 Rainbow Club Begins
4 Mommy and Me Session I Begins
5 STEM Session I Begins
8 School Closed- Columbus Day
6 Picture Day
8-9 School Closed- NJEA
21-23 School Closed- Thanksgiving
14 STEM Session I Ends
18 Last Day of Classes 2018
19 Holiday Celebration 9:45 AM
20-31 School Closed- Holiday Break
1 School Closed- New Year's Day
8 General Meeting 7:30 PM
18 STEM Session II Begins
21 School Closed0 MLK Jr. Day
24 Mommy and Me Session I Ends
7 Mommy and Me Session II Begins
9 Rainbow Family Day
15-22 School Closed- Winter Break
19 School Closed- Staff Workshop
22 STEM Session II Ends
5 STEM Session III Begins
11 Tricky Tray
15-18 The Week of the Young Child
19 School Closed- Good Friday
22-26 School Closed- Spring Break
7 General Meeting 7:30PM
16 Pajama Night
23 Mommy and Me Session II Ends
27 School Closed- Memorial Day
31 STEM Session III Ends
13 Last Day of Classes
14 End of Year School Picnic
Field Trips Outside Rainbow Corners
*Abma’s Farm Hayride and Pumpkin Picking
*The Hermitage – Native Americans Program
*The Hermitage – Victorian Times Program
*Waldwick Public Library
*Waldwick Post Office
*Waldwick Police Department
*Waldwick Park – End of year celebration
Programs and Outside Guests brought to Rainbow Corners to Enrich our Curriculum
* Fire Department – Fire safety program includes tour of fire truck.
* Dental Hygienist – Talks about healthy teeth and nutrition.
* Outragehisss Pets – During the Week of the Young Child Outragehisss Pets brings 4 exciting animals for the children to learn about.
* Tenafly Nature Center – Wiggly Worms Program
* Insect Lore – Caterpillars to Butterflies Unit.
* Goffle Turkey Farm – Chick Hatching Unit.
* Multicultural Curriculum – 4 countries are focused on with guests brought in from the community to represent them. (Ex: Bagpipe performer for Ireland)
* Rainbow Family Day – Special Saturday mini-session for the children to invite two special people to come to their class and experience what a day is like for them at school.
* Food Drive – We work with Ridgewood Social Services to collect food for local families.
* Mitten Drive – Collect Mittens to be given to support 350 students, grades K-4, from the Roberto Clemente School in Paterson.
Bi-Weekly and Monthly Specials
*Yoga – Mrs. Fennell teaches a 20 minute yoga session for each class. (Every other week)
*Music / Movement – Mr. Brown teaches 20 minutes of music and movement. (Every other week)
*Special Story Time – Once a month, Ms. Jennifer from the Waldwick Public Library does a themed story time with songs, fingerplays and stories for each of the classes
Copyright 2013. Rainbow Corners Nursery School. All rights reserved.